Thursday, July 12, 2007

Frank speaks


Yes, another LP. Know how hard it is to take a pic of a vinyl record without your reflection showing up in it?

Funny how in the olden days we had to have big, dumb pieces of plastic to convey sound info. But it made for some nice picture discs.

Frank was, as we know, one of the more articulate and voluble "rock stars." And he had actual things to say. I have tons of old interviews with him; clippings from various mags and newspapers, fanzines, etc.

One thing I'm sort of saving for the future is the big interview Eric and I did with Frank in Sacramento. It's hard for me to listen to these days, as it was the first time I'd met Frank and I was very nervous. But one of these weeks I'll get around to playing it.

So, I have no idea what's on the above record, but I'll play it on the July 13, 2007 Zappa's Grubby Chamber. Plus some spiffy tunes and who knows what else.

Feel free to e-mail and call during the show. Listener input always takes the show in interesting and unexpected directions.

No comments: